As much as we love a good holiday party (mulled wine! cookies!), we don’t always love the endless prep. Finding an outfit and beauty look for each event is hard enough; wrangling our hair into a cute ‘do can push us over the edge. This week, we’re arming ourselves—and you—with plenty of options. With the help of Number 4 Hair Care’s Jordan Nicole Webb, we’ve put together three holiday hair styles for every skill level.
[Editor’s note: This look works best with long hair]
1. Start with clean hair. Spray evenly with Number 4’s hydrating, leave-in Super Comb Prep & Protect and comb through. Blow dry hair until fully dry. (If you have particularly sleek hair, apply one to two pumps of Number 4 Styling Foam before drying.)
2. Once hair is dry, part down the middle and section into two large pieces on either side of your head, leaving a few face-framing strands hanging loose.
3. Create two braids on each side, starting at the bottom of each ear.
4. Secure the bottom of each braid with a bobby pin or clear elastic.
4. Then wrap up toward the crown of your head, overlapping them slightly. Secure the braids at the top of the head with bobby pins.
5. Wrap the remaining tendrils around your finger and spritz with hairspray to create soft waves. Ta-da! Holiday party ready in just a few steps.
Looking for even more updos to try for your winter shindigs? Here are more holiday celebrity hairstyles to try.