As much as we love a good holiday party (mulled wine! cookies!), we don’t always love the endless prep. Finding an outfit and beauty look for each event is hard enough; wrangling our hair into a cute ‘do can push us over the edge. This week, we’re arming ourselves—and you—with plenty of options. With the help of Number 4 Hair Care’s Jordan Nicole Webb, we’ve put together three holiday hair styles for every skill level.
Today, a glam style perfect for the red carpet and a holiday shindig, courtesy of Kristin Cavallari. Click through for a step-by-step photo tutorial!
1. Start by washing and conditioning hair with a volumizing formula. Prep damp hair with a texturizer and heat protectant like Number 4’s Blow Dry Lotion, then use a round brush to blow dry. (For even more volume, add a pump of styling foam to the scalp).
2. First, the half-up portion: Use a comb to draw a line from the top of one ear around the back of your head to the other ear.
3. Lift the section of hair up and gently tease strands to create volume.
4. Pin this layer back with 10-20 bobby pins (or one big for secure hold, and spritz hairspray over the top to help set the look.
5. Now, half-down: Using a 1-inch curling iron, wrap ½-inch sections of hair around the iron, starting at mid-shaft and working to the ends.
6. Set the look with hair spray and swipe on some red lipstick.
7. Voila! Party-ready in just a few steps.
Looking for even more updos to try for your winter shindigs? Here are more holiday celebrity hairstyles to try.