As much as we love a good party (cocktails! fancy hors d’oeuvres!), we don’t always love the endless prep. Finding an outfit and beauty look for each event is hard enough; wrangling our hair into a cute ‘do can push us over the edge. This week, we’re arming ourselves—and you—with plenty of options. With the help of Number 4 Hair Care’s Jordan Nicole Webb, we’ve put together a hair style for every skill level.
First up: a totally easy, sophisticated chignon courtesy of the Duchess of Cambridge. Click through for our step-by-step tutorial!
1. This style works best on freshly washed hair—use a hydrating shampoo and conditioner for extra softness. Once hair is completely dry, create a side part and pull hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck. Secure with an elastic and spray entire head with a long-hold styler like Number 4 Mighty Hair Spray.
2. Roll hair towards the elastic, starting at the end of the ponytail, and fold inward to create one large roll. [Editor’s note: You can roll the hair down like Candice did here or roll it up to match Kate’s hair exactly!]
3. Secure hair around the elastic with bobby pins. Spray all over with hairspray to hold.
4. Fan hair out by spreading the roll to create a bun.
5. Add additional bobby pins if necessary, and mist again with hairspray. Throw on a LBD and heels for instant chic!
Looking for even more updos to try for your winter shindigs? Here are more celebrity hairstyles to try.