L’Oreal will buy Urban Decay from U.S. private-equity firm Castanea Partners. (Photo: retrodivamedia.com)
- L’Oreal has agreed to buy Urban Decay for an estimated $250-$300 million. Analysts speculate that the purchase is a strategic move by the cosmetics giant to help augment its prestige makeup portfolio. [Business Week]
- Kate Middleton takes up photography and blogging while on a world tour with Prince William. [The Cut]
- Meet the 6’2” woman who works as a male model for Ford. [Grazia Daily]
- Skincare coaches pick up where dermatologists leave off, giving their clients regular advice. [NYTimes]
- A photographer captures the phenomenon of New York City women doing their makeup while commuting on the subway. [NYTimes]
Happy Cyber Monday! We’re offering bonus Birchbox points with every purchase in our Shop!