Girl Around Town co-founders, Leigh Evans and Mary Cunningham, created an online community for women to talk about the latest in fashion, beauty, food, and more. The site boasts jet-setting writers who are based in Los Angeles, Houston, and New York, all of whom have the insider deets on the hottest things to do and see all over the globe.
I’m pretty diligent about my makeup application in the mornings. But no matter how much time I spend first thing, by mid-day I look like a sad circus clown: I’ll have mascara rings underneath my eyes, my lipstick will be smeared, my cheeks will be pale, and the list goes on. So, I have learned to be prepared for the mid-day makeup battle by carrying a couple essentials with me at all times. Here’s what’s I regularly tote around with me:
1. Kate Spade Carlisle Street Satchel: This pretty purse fits all of my stuff.
2. Henri Bendel Jet-setter Leopard Medium Dopp Kit: A cosmetics bag should be both chic and fit all of your go-to beauty essentials.
3. Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color: I love wearing red lipstick in the fall. Problem is, one sip of coffee and the color is all gone. That’s why I always carry my lip color with me.
4. Diorshow Black Out Mascara: I have searched for years for the perfect mascara and this is it.
5. Bobbi Brown Lip Liner: To achieve long-lasting lip color, I fill in my whole lip with a liner before applying lipstick.
6. Armani Beauty Pocket Book Palette: I consolidate space with great two-in-one products like this blush and eye shadow palette.
7. Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets: These blotting papers keep oil and shine in check.
8. Tom Ford Beauty Finishing Powder: I make sure that whatever powder I bring with me comes with either a sponge or a brush.
9. Sephora Crystal Nail File: I strongly believe that your nails should never look ragged.
10. L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream: Especially in the winter, this hand cream is great to have around.
11. Sephora Retractable Travel Brush: This travel-friendly brush is a total space saver and it manages to get my cheeks perfectly rosy.