It’s a scary statistic: one in eight American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer over the course of her lifetime. Since October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we’re supporting the search for a cure by picking up some new beauty products. All this month, many of our favorite brands are donating a portion of their proceeds to breast cancer nonprofits, and you’ll also find limited edition goodies in every shade of pink (a.k.a. our favorite color). We love the idea of looking good and being a do-gooder at the same time. Click through to check out five of our favorite products for the cause!
- boscia Balancing Facial Tonic: This month, 100 percent of the proceeds from purchases of this pink-hued toner go to the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, which funds research to seek out the cause of breast cancer.
- Spornette Limited Edition Pink Prego Brush: Meet your blow dryer’s best friend: this ceramic brush has a barrel that heats up quickly to accelerate your styling session, and a portion of proceeds are donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- GLAMGLOW Cure Sexy Tingling & Exfoliating Mud Mask: This Hollywood fave has made the rounds at Birchbox HQ, and we can attest to its skin-brightening abilities. Co-founder Shannon Dellimore’s mom is a breast cancer survivor, and 25 percent of profits go to the National Breast Cancer Research Foundation to help provide mammograms for women in need.
- Ciate Breakthrough Breast Cancer Duo Set: We can’t hear the words “glitter polish” without perking up. This shiny duo was created for UK charity Breakthrough Breast Cancer, which will receive 20 percent of profits.
- Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum: This SPF 30 fluid layers perfectly under makeup, and it has vitamins B and E to promote skin health. Buy it from the brand’s website using code PREVENT at checkout, and they’ll donate $20 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation—plus, you’ll get free shipping.
Check out more of our favorite beauty products in the Birchbox Shop.