We’re a tiny bit in love with Shyema Azam’s blog, Beauty and the Feast. The freelance editor and writer—who’s worked for publications like Marie Claire, Allure and Harper’s Bazaar—writes about her everyday discoveries in the food and beauty world, often accompanying her posts with envy-inducing photos. Stay tuned all week for Shyema’s insider advice! Today, she tells us the product that helps her de-stress and stay zen.
I thought it’d be fun to write a post on, you know, the four or five beauty products I carry around in my purse everyday. But when I dumped out the insides of my bag, I found 18 products that I’ve been toting around! These are my unedited findings:
1. Viviscal and 2. Brightening Formula supplements: There’s just no way for me to remember to take vitamins and supplements unless I have them on me at all times. I’ve been desperately trying to grow out my hair (I feel like it’s at an awkward length) and this helps. I swear if my skin glows, much of the credit goes to Glisodin supplements.
3. Smith’s Rosebud Salve: The famous moisturizing balm in a convenient tube.
4. Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara: I always carry some variation of mascara in my purse. While this isn’t one of my favorites, it’s one I threw in “just in case.”
5. Colorscience Retractable Blusher in Blushing Bride: So much easier than carrying a blush and brush, this two-in-one tool gives off the perfect, glowing pink.
6. COVERGIRL + Olay Tone rehab in warm beige: This is the perfect base. If I wear nothing else, I’ll have this on to even out my complexion.
7. Victoria’s Secret Bombshell perfume: One of my staple fragrances! Vanilla, peony, and purple passion fruit.
8. Vaseline: I’ll always find a reason to fish this out of my bag—chapped lips, dry patches—sometimes I’ll even slick it over my brows to keep ‘em in place. Truth.
9. Clarins Beauty Flash Balm: I got this from the Clarins pop up beauty lounge during fashion week. A great mid-day pick me up.
10. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose: If you haven’t experienced the velvety deliciousness that is this lip balm, go out right now and get it.
11. Band-Aids: With as much walking as you do on an average day in New York, there’s always some time I’ll need this for an imminent blister.
12. SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel: I got this sample from my facialist at Tres Belle Petite Medi-Spa in Brooklyn. It landed in my bag recently when I realized I was taking two de-hydrating flights to the West Coast.
13. Lancome High Resolution Refill-3x cream and 14. Genfique Eye cream: This may be gratuitous moisturizing on a daily basis. I just used the cream today—on my hands—because they were feeling super dry.
15. Guerlain Terracota Khol Kajal: This khol kajal makes it super easy to transition from day-to-night with an extra smokey liner.
16. Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Cherry Blossom fragrance: I often get samples from companies on their latest products, so this perfume (with notes of green tea, angelica and moss) from Elizabeth Arden was a recent one I was testing.
17. Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate: Makes my lips so soft with natural oils and just the perfect touch of sheer coral.
18. TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer: One of the few coverups that’s a perfect match for my skin. I stock up on these!
Whew. That was embarrassing. But it’s a good exercise to help me realize that I carry lots of stuff that I don’t need (maybe I don’t need 50 billion creams).
What beauty products do you have in your bag? Let me know if your findings shock you too.
Don’t miss the rest of Shyema’s spot-on beauty advice in her posts from earlier this week.