We’re devoted fans of all things polish in the Birchbox offices, so of course Gina Galullo’s nail polish blog, Prim and Polished, caught our eye. A lawyer-by-day and a lacquer connoisseur-by-night, Galullo posts thoughtful reviews of new shades along with colorful swatches, so even novice polish-wearers have an insider’s guide to the prettiest hues. This week, she shares the products she can’t live without, plus the work-appropriate shades you can even rock in your cubicle.
I’m an attorney and while my office isn’t ultra conservative, court is—so I always try to dial it down when I know I’ll be there. Here are six nail polishes that I think work well in conservative situations, and all of them have awesome formulas.
1. Essie’s Topless & Barefoot: a pink, nude crème perfect for a day at work.
2. Butter London’s Yummy Mummy: a mauvey taupe with a very subtle silver shimmer.
3. Essie’s Demure Vix: a light grey-mauve with subtle microshimmer. This one is a bit more daring as far as the conservative polishes go, but I think it works well and adds something interesting.
4. OPI’s My First Knockwurst: despite its horrible name, this is a great pinky nude crème similar to Topless and Barefoot.
5. OPI’s Don’t Pretzel My Buttons: a really beautiful nude khaki crème.
6. China Glaze’s Fast Track: like Demure Vix, this is a little more daring but absolutely stunning. It’s a nude with tons of gold microshimmer.
Do you work in a conservative setting? Which colors do you wear to work most often?
Need more nail inspiration? Don’t miss the rest of Gina’s posts from this week.