In honor of back to school season, we thought it would be fun to share some insights from a few of our favorite savvy students—the girls over at Dormify. This week, they’ve tapped into their legion of style advisors to give us tips on long-lasting makeup, the best way to organize your products, and how to look bright-eyed after a long night.
With school back in session, a lot of college women are going through sorority recruitment. Here are a couple tips from our style advisors on how to make your makeup last from AM to PM.
- Dab concealer under your eyes and let it sit for almost two minutes before blending. This allows it to fully set into the skin.
- For lush lashes all day long, layering is key. Start with a base, like Maybelline Great Lash to prime and add volume, then work in a layer of curling mascara like Diorshow.
- Primer is an often overlooked, but key step. Smashbox’s Photo Finish with UV for eyes and face is a great option as is Urban Decay’s Primer Potion.
- To get eyeliner that lasts, try applying shadow with a thin brush, or stick to one of these: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Eyeliner Gel or Ulta Automatic Eyeliner.
- Invest in a long-wearing lipstick like Maybelline’s SuperStay 14-hour lipstick, or one of NARS’ matte shades, which stay on forever and offer great pigment. No matter the formula, use a brush, then blot, and then repeat two to three times to make sure the color doesn’t budge.
- Dust a little loose powder under your eyes before you run out the door. It’ll lighten your under eyes, absorb any oil throughout the day, and help keep your eyeliner and mascara from running.
- Last but not least, use a setting spray like Urban Decay’s All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray on your face once you’ve finished applying all your makeup.