Can you believe it’s already mid-way through August? It’s time to get serious about some outdoor eating, time at the pool, and sundress-shopping. This weekend is the perfect time to catch up on these activities, plus some reading. Scope out our favorite stories from the week below:
- Two Swedish women have solved the major issue of how to be safe and stylish while cycling by inventing an invisible helmet. No, it’s not clear plastic, and sadly it’s not really invisible. But it is a personal airbag that inflates from your collar—crazy! The price is a touch out of our budget right now but here’s hoping we can afford it in a few years. [TechCrunch]
- J.Crew has some of our favorite ads ever and now we’re prepared to like them even more. They’ve enlisted real (real glamorous, that is) women to star in their fall campaigns across print, web, and social media. [The Cut]
- Jessica Chastain is the new ambassador of Yves Saint Laurent’s (or is it Saint Laurent?) newest fragrance, Manifesto. The actress is not just a fan of the fragrance—she’s a true scent addict and wears a new fragrance for each of her movie roles to help her get into character. [WWD]
- We’re on a bit of a shaving kick lately. We’ve reached the hottest part of the summer so it only makes sense. Along with smooth legs and short shorts, shaving also brings nasty shaving bumps—gross. Read this solution for razor bumps before your next shave. [Women’s Health]
- How absolutely gorgeous does Emma Watson look on the cover of T Magazine? We’ve known she’s a stunner but that cat eye is to-die-for. Next up for Hermione? “The Perks of Being a Wallflower,” an adaptation of one of our favorite books. Even more exciting though is a little nugget hidden in this profile: she’ll be starring (presumably as Belle) in a new adaptation of “Beauty and the Beast”. [T Magazine]
For even more ways to get the smoothest shave possible (and prevent those pesky bumps!) read our 5 Tips to a Better Shave article!