This week’s guest blogger, Vida Lee, hits close to home for us—literally! She’s a beauty guru based in our hometown: New York City. Aside from being a product addict, she’s also a medical school student (whoa!) who makes time on the side for her pretty blog, P.S. It’s Vida. Over the next few days, the smarty savant will be sharing her greatest tips and tricks for staying prepped and primed for summer.
Summer is all about bright colors, which makes it a bit difficult for a neutral lover like myself to come out of her shell. Here are some products I love to use which keep my look simple while I’m sporting a statement lip:
1. Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner: When I want to keep eyes simple, I use this gel eyeliner to create a thick black line with a flick. It’s creamy and smooth, long lasting, and has a great intense black color.
2. Prestige My Blackest Lashes: This mascara works wonders for separating and volumizing—with two coats, you’ll have jumbo, thick lashes that add the perfect touch of drama to an otherwise simple eye.
3. The Body Shop Honey Bronzing Powder: When wearing a bright lip, color clashing is too big of a risk with blush, so I like to pile on the bronzer instead. This one isn’t too orange, red, muddy, or heavy, and it has no shimmer.
4. Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick, Stormy Pink: This lipstick is a matte shade that delivers a pretty punch of hot pink color. Plus, it’s easy to layer and because of its amazing balmy texture, it won’t dry out your lips.
5. Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss, Birchbox Pink : A discovery I made through Birchbox, this lip gloss is one of the few that I use. It’s lightweight, completely non-sticky, and pleasantly moisturizing. I love using this on top of completely nude lips to bring out the vibrant color of the gloss.
Don’t miss a bit of Vida’s great advice. Check out the rest of her guest blogger posts here.