This weekend we’re in the mood to try new things: new nail art, new products from Japan, and even a new way to pick out our makeup. Lucky for us (and you!), our favorite sites have some ideas.
We love nail art inspired by fashion—especially when it’s something we actually might be able to achieve ourselves. This lovely ombre plus lace version is inspired by the Chanel Resort 2012 collection. Image: Beauty Blitz
- Fashionista revealed their five favorite Japanese drugstore beauty products. We’ll be placing our orders this weekend. Who knew Japanese Q-Tips were so much better than ours? [Fashionista]
- The Beth Ditto and MAC collaboration is available now. The polka-dotted ad is too cute and the makeup looks almost as fun as Ditto herself. [Fashion Etc]
- Speaking of Chanel, She Finds has all the details on their summer makeup collection, Bombay Express. It will be released this month and features loads and loads of gold. [She Finds]
- L’Oreal Paris just created a new iPhone app that helps you easily match your makeup to your outfit. In addition to making it look totally useful, their demo video stars the French and lovely Inès de la Fressange. [Fast Co. Create]
- We’re big fans of the spray tan. If you’re going to insist on getting tan, fake is the only way to go. Looks like Mark Wahlberg shares our opinion because he was just spotted getting a custom spray on his balcony. [The Gloss]
Getting a spray tan is no excuse to slack on the SPF application. Shop our favorite sun-protecting products this weekend.