We fell hard for Natalie Alcala last fall, when the LA-based writer and blogger spent a week guest blogging for us. In fact, we loved her posts so much that we asked her to be a contributing editor. In addition to blogging for us once a week, she’ll also be writing for the Birchbox Magazine and keeping us up to speed on all things fashion, beauty, and fun.
Thanks to brilliant nail art gurus like Elizabeth Monson, we know that beauty can certainly be inspired by fashion. But can fashion be inspired by beauty? According to a handful of game-changing designers, the answer is a resounding yes. To prove it, here’s a roundup of some quirky-cool pieces to help us all wave our beautification flags high.
1. Linda Farrow x Jeremy Scott Red Nails Finger Sunglasses ($288): Linda Farrow’s inventive sunglasses coupled with Jeremy Scott’s mad scientist-approach to designing is a match made in heaven. Who could say no to a classic red nail?
2. Mr. Dannijo Loolee Necklace ($295): Another genius collaboration, courtesy of Birchbox Crush Dannijo and everyone’s favorite fearless fashion champ, The Man Repeller. This colorful beauty is a definite icebreaker.
3. Monki Katy Tee ($19): That mole, those pouty lips—this tee salutes iconic beauty idols from the ’90s, like the one and only Cindy Crawford. Pair it with some denim cutoffs and you have yourself a summer go-to look.
4. ModCloth Lipstick Around Earrings ($11.99): These babies are having a serious ’80s moment, and they’ve arrived just in time for the revival of bold drop earrings.
5. Lulu Guinness Red Perspex Lip Clutch ($390): Lulu is a fantastic British designer known for her wondrous variety of lip clutches. I dig the classic red, which is also a nod to pop art.
6. Delfina Delettrez Five Lips Bracelet ($360): More lip action, courtesy of an avant-garde talent from the Fendi family. If you’re not bold enough to try a neon shade on your lips, throw it on your wrist. Done and done.
And speaking of lip color, are you sure you know the rules when it comes to rocking a red pout?