We fell hard for Natalie Alcala last fall, when the LA-based writer and blogger spent a week guest blogging for us. In fact, we loved her posts so much that we asked her to be a contributing editor. In addition to blogging for us once a week, she’ll also be writing for the Birchbox Magazine and keeping us up to speed on all things fashion, beauty, and fun.
Photos via Stop It Right Now, Eva Chen, Nasty Gal
As we’ve said before, Instagram is a beautiful thing. There’s something about those fantastic filters that just make everything look so magical—it really is like looking at life through rose-colored glasses! When I’m not stalking Birchbox’s amazing Instagram (are you following yet?), here are the accounts I turn to for mega beauty inspiration.
1. Stop It Right Now: This girl is so darn cool. Jayne Min’s Instagram is a condensed version of her cult-favorite blog and features a mix of fashion, beauty, and lifestyle moments from her charmed life. I’m particularly fond of her crazy-amazing manicures (exhibit A, above).
2. Eva Chen: Teen Vogue's beauty director (and friend of Birchbox) is somewhat of a digital darling for her fantastic participation in various social media platforms, such as Twitter, Tumblr and, of course, Instagram. In addition to providing major beauty product envy, I love seeing what she does next to her super cute, short hair.
3. Wah Nails: If you’re looking for the holy grail of manicure inspiration, look no further. I love that Wah Nails founder Sharmadean Reid created her company to fill the void for out-of-the-box nail art out there.
4. Nasty Gal: Although Nasty Gal is an e-shop (a wildly popular one at that), I love the behind-the-scenes snaps from their photo shoots that feature gorgeous hair, eye-catching makeup, and creative nail prints that match the prints on bags, pants, and even furniture.
5. Facehunter: Based on photoblogging pioneer Yvan Rodic’s street-style blog, this Instagram features tons of runway and model-off-duty shots. I also enjoy Rodic’s eye for international beauty, as it’s really intriguing to see what hair and makeup trends are making an impact across the globe.
If you enjoy fashion, food, nail art, and really cute animals (particularly extra furry, tiny ones), follow my Instagram here. And I’m always looking for new people to follow, so let me know if you have any inspiring beauty Instagram recommendations in the comments!
Curious to see more of Natalie’s fantastic beauty advice? Click here to read her other posts.