Birchbox staffers have been known to play the beauty field. With so many fun samples floating around, can you blame us for having a hard time committing? Then again, when we find something we love, we stick to it. In this new feature, we’ll be asking Birchbox staffers to share the products they just can’t quit. Next up, co-founder, Hayley.
Hayley, Birchbox Co-founder
Beauty profile: Dry skin, slightly dry hair, classic/low-maintenance.
Products I can’t quit: Since we launched Birchbox, I’ve vowed to only use beauty products we sell in our store. In tech circles, it’s called “eating your own dog food.” If we can’t live off of only what we sell, how could we expect you to? I’ve tested tons of products from our shop but I keep coming back to the same ones over and over again. These are my current favorites.
Looks like I need a new Sue Devitt soon!
- Jouer Work Hard, Play Harder Palette: Our first product collaboration with Jouer, this palette makes getting ready in the morning (and amping things up at night) very very easy. I particularly love the blush and creme eyeshadow—plus the click together, lego-like packaging!
- Blinc Mascara and Eyeliner: This brand is my number one most exciting Birchbox discovery! Mascara that won’t budge no matter how much I rub my eyes.
- Sue Devitt Eye Enhancer Pencil: Fool-proof. I’m a big fan of the Kalahari color and sometimes layer the Blinc eyeliner over it.
- Stila One Step Prime Color in Pop of Pink: This is the first product we sampled from stila! It’s multi-use magic. I apply it all over my lids and cheeks with my fingers and I’m done.
- Benefit Erase Paste: Running a business like Birchbox means not much sleep. Covering up undereye circles is a must. I tried this for the first time at a customer event at the San Francisco Benefit boutique and now can’t live without it.
A real picture from my shower! Products are 100% from Birchbox.com :)
- Kerastase Bain Capital Force Densifying Shampoo: My boyfriend Fredrik is picky about his hair and this travel-sized shampoo from his Limited Edition Birchbox Man made the cut.
- Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner: We sampled this line in the fall and I’ve stuck with it every since. Yum!
- Archipelago Pomegranate Body Wash: Pomegranates are one of my favorite fruits and I love the scent of this foaming body wash. Pump top makes it extra easy.
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant: A sample from our February boxes, I love using this every other day in the shower (and I’m pretty sure my boyfriend does too).
- Oribe Ultra Rich Conditioner: I fell hard for Oribe’s texturizing spray, but using this luxe conditioner is an even better way to get a daily fix of their incredible-smelling products.
What are the products you just can’t quit? Tell us in the comments!