We fell hard for Natalie Alcala last fall, when the LA-based writer and blogger spent a week guest blogging for us. In fact, we loved her posts so much that we asked her to be a contributing editor. In addition to blogging for us once a week, she’ll also be writing for the Birchbox Magazine and keeping us up to speed on all things fashion, beauty, and fun.
Did you know that Earth Day is this Sunday, April 22? In addition to contributing to one of the many green organizations taking part in this vital eco-friendly holiday, I’ll also incorporate more organic products into my beauty routine. Here’s a roundup of some of my favorite ecologically-inclined brands to date.
1. Josie Maran Cosmetics: Actress and model Josie Maran is ridiculously gorgeous, wildly talented, and cares deeply about her environment. (In other words, she’s perfect.) Her sophisticated range of beauty products contain pure and gentle formulas that are free of parabens, toxins, and animal testing. To remedy split ends, I’m loving her 100% Pure Argan Oil ($48) that is organically grown in Morrocco.
2. Pangea Organics: I’m obsessed with all things Pangea Organics. Not only has the brand’s arsenal of skincare savers made a major impact on my complexion, but they stay true to their formula mantra: “Always beneficial, never artificial.” All of their products are free of harmful ingredients like petrochemicals, paraben, and GMOs and are sourced using fair trade practices whenever possible. Their Facial Cleanser for Oily to Combination Skin ($28) is sublime.
3. Morrocanoil: This brand put argan oil on the map. In addition to sourcing their product straight from Morrocco, Morrocanoil uses recycled packaging and all of their ingredients are cruelty-free. While I’m a big fan of their original oil treatment and shampoo, their Glimmer Gold Shimmer Spray ($24.99) has won me over in a major way.
4. Mineral Fusion: This is a great affordable line that’s 100% vegan, hypo-allergenic, and free of parabens, gluten, talc, artificial colors, and synthetic fragrances. I love that the minerals in all of their products are triple milled and contain a host of natural, skin-boosting benefits. I swipe on their age-defying Bronzer Duo in Luster ($29.99) when I’m looking for that perfect sun-kissed glow.
5. Organix: This brand makes me so happy. I love that their abundant range of delicious-smelling hair treatments can be found at any drugstore and costs no more than $10 a pop. All of their shampoos, conditioners, masks, and sprays are sulfate and paraben free and work magic on dull, dry hair. Their Nourising Coconut Milk Shampoo ($6.99) is my absolute favorite shampoo on Earth.
For more recommendations on eco-chic makeup, click here.