This week’s guest blogger, the lovely Alissa Kelly, offers up fun fashion and beauty advice on her blog, Feeling Good. (Our favorite feature? Kelly’s fun nail posts!) We love her optimistic attitude and useful tips. Today, she’s showing us the must-have items that she can’t leave home without.
There are just some things women cannot live without. I’m a purse fanatic so I’m always switching my bag to match the day’s outfit. Every time I do, there are 5 items that always make the switch with me.
1. Chapstick. Sometimes my lips need a little more love than what just gloss can do, especially in the winter! Burt’s Bees is my favorite.
2. Lip Gloss/Lip Stick (and lots of it). I’m always alternating between both, so I have several different kinds on hand—it just depends on how I’m feeling. Having options can also help you transition from day to night: gloss at work, red lip for dinner out!
3. Concealer. Perfect for little touchups throughout the day or night, especially when blemishes or redness arise.
4. MAC Lip Primer. A must-have base if you’re doing a red lip—or just use it solo.
5. Mirror. I don’t know about you, but I have to see what I’m doing when I’m applying my makeup, especially at night.
What five essentials are in your purse?
To see more of Alissa’s great tips, take a peek at the rest of her advice here.