This week’s guest blogger, the lovely Alissa Kelly, offers up fun fashion and beauty advice on her blog, Feeling Good. (Our favorite feature? Kelly’s fun nail posts!) We love her optimistic attitude and useful tips. Today, she’s showing us how to combine tow of our favorite spring trends: pastels and florals.
Pastels and floral prints are huge this season, so why not bring them together in one fun nail design? I’ve seen (and worn) a lot of neon already, but I’m itching for something different. Floral pastel prints are just the change I need.
What you need:
1. Pastel nail polish
2. Stripe Rite nail polish in white (to make thin lines)
4. Old newspaper
5. Clear topcoat
Start by painting a clear base coat on your nails. This helps the nail polish come off easier and prevents the color from staining your nails. Then, apply a couple coats of pastel nail polish. Use a single color or alternate colors like I did. Be sure the polish dries sufficiently before starting the design.
To make the flowers:
1. Cut the ends off of a few Q-tips (one for each color you’re using). The blunt end is what you’ll use to make the design.
2. Drop a dab of nail polish on the newspaper.
3. Lightly dip the Q-tip end into the polish and dot around your nail to make flower petals (you may need to dip the end in polish more than once).
4. Once the petals are dry, add a dot in the middle with a contrasting color, then trace around some petals with the Stripe Rite.
5. Let dry, add clear topcoat.
Another great way to get cool designs? Scotch tape!