We fell hard for Natalie Alcala last fall, when the LA-based writer and blogger spent a week guest blogging for us. In fact, we loved her posts so much that we asked her to be a contributing editor. In addition to blogging for us once a week, she’ll also be writing for the Birchbox Magazine and keeping us up to speed on all things fashion, beauty, and fun.
I love a good fruit print. In addition to offering a charming sartorial statement, there’s something about wearing fruit that instantly lifts your mood. Maybe because eating fruit is fun and it’s an honest to goodness treat. With that said, this Coachella weekend, I’m swapping predictable neon, animal print, and floral numbers for a bounty of produce-inspired pieces that are sure to harvest plenty of smiles.
1. Monki Watermelon Clutch ($26): I literally want to eat this bag right now. A bonus for the eco-friendly crowd: it’s faux leather.
2. Mulberry Googly Fruit T-Shirt ($200): A purple strawberry…with googly eyes. Can it really get any cuter?
3. Pret-A-Surf Fruit Print Tankini Top ($170): This top reminds me of those little Fruit of the Loom tank packs that my mom used to buy me at Target. I love the tiny print detail and the elastic red straps on the back are a nice unexpected touch.
4. Weekday Nice Bananas Tee ($20): In the event that you need to illustrate the evolution of a banana, this is your shirt.
5. D&G Dolce & Gabbana Fruit Ballerina Flats ($315): These are the flats to covet this season. Pair them with a printed sundress and you’re good to go.
6. Betsey Johnson Multi Fruit Charm Necklace ($68): This is pretty much a vacation on a chain. It features pineapples, cherries, bananas, grapes—and a parrot for good measure.
Have you read Natalie’s post on 6 LOL Beauty Products from the ’90s?