We’re guilty of sticking with the same hair cut for years—if it’s not broke, why fix it?—but that can be a little boring. But not everyone has our issue. Paulina, one of our amazing operations associates, is always eyeing new cuts and styles. She’ll be sharing her tress inspiration and tips every other week here via her feature Hairistocracy.
Almost as important as how well a hair product works is how it smells. Of all the products I’ve ever tried, here are my five absolute favorites:
1. Oscar Blandi Olio Di Jasmine: This lightweight serum is incredibly fragrant and instantly transports you to some distant Mediterranean garden. My mother’s favorite scent is jasmine, and I can’t help but think of an exotic place with a sea breeze that is reminiscent of both childhood and romance when I put this in my hair. Additional eucalyptus and ylang ylang oil essentials balance the spice of the flower, making the aroma pleasant and calming.
2. Oscar Blandi Lacca Hairspray for Volume & Hold: What can I say? Oscar Blandi has a knack for hard-working products with heavenly smells. I can’t describe the dread I feel in using hairspray that infuses your hair with the fragrance of chemicals masked by false bouquet. Blandi’s Lacca Hairspray instead has an incredible aroma of honeysuckle and flowers that grace your strands with a light scent that’s so good, it could be a sensual perfume. A hairspray that’s sexy and inviting? Yes please!
3. Oribe Après beach Wave and Shine Spray: I let this product loose on my hair for the first time this week and the word “bombshell” almost doesn’t cut it. The Après Beach Spray smells of summer air that’s sweet and sun-kissed. This scent reminds me of the fun that exists in all women! Like candy for your hair, do as told: spray and “follow with lipstick and heels.” Trust me: You’ve never felt or smelled so chic.
4. Carol’s Daughter Monoi Hair Repairing Mask: If you’re feeling the Tahitian surf calling your name, then you’d love Carol’s Daughter Monoi Mask. Packed with the fragrance of warm coconut and gardenia flowers, this rich cream rejuvenates your hair, with a sugared and tropical whiff to boot. Passers-by will certainly notice how healthy your hair looks and ask what vacation you just returned from.
5. C.O. Bigelow Lavender & Peppermint Shampoo and Conditioner: I melt at the thought of the lavender-filled Provencal Coasts and if you’re like me, this shampoo and conditioner will be your new staple. With the added aroma of a stimulating mint sprig, the duo will fill your strands and your shower with the fresh smell of warmer seasons. Plus, the scent of lavender is proven to calm and relax, and who doesn’t want that?
Do you have a favorite hair product with a to-die-for scent? Do tell!!
If you’re in a hair rut, here are some fast fixes for major hair downers.