After beauty, fashion is our second love. We get downright giddy when we discover a new site that’s well-curated and full of covetable finds—and today we found our new obsession: Shoptiques. We sat down with the founder, Harvard Business School grad Olga Vidisheva, to discuss the site’s unique concept and some of her fave picks.
What’s the idea behind Shoptiques?
Boutiques provide stunning, hard-to-find, hand-picked fashions by owners who give invaluable advice to help women look and feel beautiful. If you shop at boutiques, you will always look different than those around you, whether at an event or on the street. The idea for Shoptiques is to be the first marketplace to provide women with the amazing boutique experience online, and it gives boutiques the opportunity to showcase their inventory to an audience they otherwise wouldn’t be able to reach.
How is Shoptiques different from other online ecommerce sites?
Shoptiques finds the most extraordinary boutiques from all over the world and brings them together in one online destination: shoptiques.com. No need to buy a plane ticket to visit far-flung local boutiques.Items on our site are truly unique and produced in exclusive quantities (usually just five to 10 of a particular size), yet they’re not out of reach in terms of price (most things are between $50 and $300). The best part is that the selection is curated by the best tastemakers in the world: boutique owners who talk to real women at their shops every day and know what we want and how to make us look good.
What’s the deal with the magazine, Couture Talk?
Couture Talk is a fun way to discover products you might not have otherwise found. We feature boutiques and interview their owners, take our shoppers to virtual trips around the globe, and provide articles on how to mix fun boutique finds together to create a complete outfit.
Click through for Olga’s top five fashion picks!
1. Kimono Dress: This dress can be worn as a dress or as a cardigan if you keep it open. It’s beautiful and comfortable but also super trendy. I love this piece, it’s from an amazing boutique in L.A. called Number A.
2. Elisse Dress: I love the pattern! It might be black, but it’s definitely fun.
3. Backless Braided Empire Dress: Not sure I can ever wear this, but this dress is so Beverly Hills. It’s casual and glam at the same time.
4. Lizzie Top: This top is from y&i clothing boutique in San Francisco. I absolutely love the fact that it is so versatile. You can wear it with a blazer and high wasted shorts for meetings during the day, pair it with a simple mini for dinner with friends, or completely dress it down with leggings.
5. Leather Necklace: I absolutely love this leather necklace from Callalilai. It dresses up every outfit. You can literally wear it with a plain tank and still look chic.
Speaking of fashion, are you on board with spring’s hottest trend, neons and neutrals?