It’s finally here! This Friday, The Hunger Games a.k.a worlds-greatest-movie-ever is hitting theaters. In honor of our favorite YA-lit trilogy, and the release of the much-anticipated first film, we present you with a week of Panem-inspired posts. Today: find out how to get Katniss’ laid back beauty look.
Photo: Ace Showbiz
If only we could all be as minimalist as Katniss. In Hunger Games, our favorite heroine spends weeks sleeping in trees and still manages to look fierce while kicking butt. While we can’t be nearly as rugged in everyday life, we can take a page out of her low-maintenance book. Here are our top tips for paring down:
Katniss’ signature long braid is a great style to sport with day or two-day old hair. Plus, the ‘do keeps hair out of your face and prevents nasty tangles if you can’t find your brush. To rock the look and still stay fresh, apply some dry shampoo along your roots. Our pick:
- Lulu Organics Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder: This eco-chic formula will keep your hair smelling and looking fresh for days on end.
Forget lipstick and mascara, channel Katniss by sticking with glowing skin and not much else. Our picks:
- Supergoop! Sunscreen Swipes: We’re willing to wager that Katniss would jump at the chance to tote these skin-safe SPF 30 wipes around to fight the beating sun in the ring.
- stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer: This hydrating formula has light-diffusing pigments to hide blemishes and ease the look of lines.
- Fresh Sugar Rosé Lip Treatment: A tinted treatment that softens lips while adding a natural hint of color.
- Koh Gen Do Cleansing Water Cloths: When you need to refresh your face and you’re on the go, there’s nothing better than this Japanese brand’s single-use cotton cloths, which are soaked with mineral spring water and purifying botanicals.
Read up on our other favorite on-the-go products in our 5 Portable Beauty Products article.