When Clueless debuted in theaters in 1995, I went to see it five times. Five times! I’ve re-watched it a countless number more since then, and it never gets old. Needless to say, when I read earlier this week that Topshop debuted a Clueless-inspired lipstick, I just had to investigate.
A matte chubby lip pencil, Topshop’s Listick in Clueless retails for $15. The perfect bright shade of bubblegum pink, it’s the sort of ultra-girly color that Cher, Dionne, or Tai would have kept stashed in their handbags.
After Googling to find out the deets on this hot new lip color, I unsurprisingly got sucked into a trip down memory lane. I started looking at old stills from the film and quickly came across several sites that publish memorable movie quotes. If you’re a Clueless fanatic like me, these will definitely bring a smile to your face:
- "You see how picky I am about my shoes and they only go on my feet." — Cher
- "Cher, I don’t want to do this anymore. And my buns? They don’t feel nothin’ like steel." —Tai
- “I feel like such a heifer. I had two bowls of Special K, 3 pieces of turkey bacon, a handful of popcorn, 5 peanut butter M&M’s and like 3 pieces of licorice.” —Cher
- “Cher’s saving herself for Luke Perry.” —Dionne
- “Do you prefer ‘fashion victim’ or ‘ensembly challenged’?” —Cher
Cher would totally love this pretty pink blush. Obvi, you should jump on board, too.