TGIF! We don’t usually say this, but we can hardly wait for Sunday night. The Oscars means red carpet coverage on E!, lots of glamorous dresses, and more often than not, some questionable hairstyling choices. Don’t forget to tune in to #BBRedCarpet on Sunday for our live tweets! In the meantime, check out some of our favorite stories from this week below.
- Bruce Willis: Action star, ex-husband to Demi Moore, and…women’s perfumer? It’s true, the one-time leading man (who joined the ranks of celebrity fragrance designers with a men’s fragrance in 2010) is releasing a perfume for women called “Lovingly by Bruce Willis.” The name and fragrance are a declaration of his love for wife Emma Heming-Willis. [Finance.Yahoo.com]
- We’re sad to pass along this news, which will undoubtedly draw a few tears in the beauty and dog-lovers communities: Francois Nar’s beloved French bulldog, Marcel, has passed away. Marcel famously appeared in a Nars 2010 ad campaign. [Refinery29]
- Natasha Poly, one of the most experienced runway models working today, has never landed a cosmetics contract in all her years until now. The veteran is the newest L’Oréal spokesmodel. [NYMag.com]
- Andrej Pejic, the model most commonly referred to as “gender-bending,” has been cast in his first beauty campaign for Jean Paul Gaultier’s Kokorico fragrance. The question on everyone’s minds is whether Pejic will play a man or a woman in the ads for the men’s fragrance. [Fashionista]
- Former Pussycat Doll and X Factor judge Nicole Scherzinger is launching a collection of press-on nails for imPRESS Press-On Manicure by Broadway Nails in May. The nails feature hibiscus flowers and blue skies, inspired by her native Hawaii. [WWD – Subscription Required]
Who needs press-on nails when the real thing is so great? We love doing our own nails with our favorite products in the Birchbox Shop.