You may have noticed lots of your favorite brands coming out with oil-based products in the last year, and for good reason. These products are a far cry from the greasy, dirty kind of oil that clogs your pores and weighs down your hair. In fact, these oils are all about working with your skin and hair type to either cleanse or hydrate. My favorite cleansing oils fit the old adage “like attracts like” by pulling out the bad oils and leaving skin with plenty of moisture, not stripped. My must-have hydrating oils sink in immediately and are much longer-lasting than moisturizers. Check out a few of my all-time faves below.
1. John Masters Organics Argan Oil: I use argan oil for everything, from facial moisturizer to hair serum. Harvested in Morocco and USDA Certified Organic, you can’t go wrong with it. Counterintuitively, this wonder oil clears up blemishes and even minimizes fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo: Even though I have dry hair, the last thing I want is an oily scalp. Luckily, that’s not what you get with this clarifying oil, which lathers up and removes buildup without stripping moisture.
3. Olie Biologique Huile Moderne: If you prefer your skincare to be multitasking, you can get all your moisturizing, anti-aging, blemish control, and smoothing action with just a few drops of this organic face and body oil. It’s packed with argan, rosehip, ergamot, neroli, and frankincense oils and infused with antioxidant-rich vitamin E.
4. Orofluido Elixir: A few drops of this lightweight, lightly fragrant elixir on fried ends transforms a bad hair day into shampoo-ad-worthy hair. What in it? Argan oil (of course), linseed oil to smooth cuticles, and cyperus oil to make strands more manageable.
5. Sunday Riley Juno Transformative Body Lipid Serum: Too often, I neglect the skin on my arms and legs in favor of my face. Sunday Riley’s blend of dry oils helps get me back on track with watermelon seed oil, camilla seed oil, and black cumin seed oil.
6. Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil: This gentle cleansing oil lathers to a rich milk and easily removes makeup and debris, leaving skin soft and moisturized—not oily.
Find more of our favorite skin and hair-saving products in the Birchbox Shop.