Not only are we suffering from a serious case of wanderlust, but we’ve also got a touch of the winter blues. The only cure? Vacay! And whenever we’re planning a trip, the first place we consult is Jetsetter. You can’t beat their combination of gorgeous destinations and killer deals. Lately, we’ve been drooling over their Jetsetter Homes collection, with dreamy villas and private rentals. Each day this week, we’ll be showcasing one of their best mid-winter escape properties and making suggestions for what to pack. From exotic beaches to powdery slopes, there’s something for everyone. By Friday, you’ll be ready to hop on a plane. Today’s lust-worthy locale: Paris!
Maybe we’ve watched Amelie one too many times, but we’d like nothing more than to spend a week wandering around the City of Lights. Wintertime is actually a great time to visit Paris. Since you won’t be one of the camera-wielding hoards who flock to the city in the summertime, it will be infinitely easier to blend in with the locals and enjoy la vie bohème. Rent a bike and take a ride along the Seine, or sip a few beverages in a sidewalk café. Craving some retail therapy? You’ll find killer shopping in the chic boutiques.
The 018 Left Bank Penthouse, in the 13th Arrondissement ($440/night). This former artist’s studio features lofty ceilings, sunny bay windows, and sleek, modern decor throughout the ample rooms. The crowning touch is a wraparound balcony that overlooks the Boulevard Port-Royal, a classic residential street. Take in the sweeping view, then head out to see the sights. The penthouse is located a hop, skip, and jump away from the historic Latin Quarter and Montparnasse.
1. BY TERRY Baume de Rose SPF 15: Get your lips ready for that obligatory kiss under the Eiffel Tower. This cult French balm is a favorite of models and actresses.
2. Vivienne Westwood necklace circular cotton-blend scarf: Part necklace, part scarf, this jazzy number makes accessorizing a breeze.
3. Miss Selfridge Orange Short Duffle Coat: French women may have an elegant fashion sense, but who says you have to dress like a carbon copy? This colorful coat will help you stand out from the black-clad crowd.
4. Cole Haan Air Britt Chukka Bootie: Comfy and cute, these wedges are equipped with hidden Nike Air cushions, so you’ll be able to stroll around for hours.
5. Laura Geller I-Care Waterproof Liner in Caffee Mocha: When you’re traveling, you want to keep your makeup minimal. This gorgeous brown liner is all you need to pull your whole look together.
Check out the entire Jetsetter Mid-Winter Wanderlust collection for more fabulous vacation ideas!