Not only are we suffering from a serious case of wanderlust, but we’ve also got a touch of the winter blues. The only cure? Vacay! And whenever we’re planning a trip, the first place we consult is Jetsetter. You can’t beat their combination of gorgeous destinations and killer deals. Lately, we’ve been drooling over their Jetsetter Homes collection, with dreamy villas and private rentals. Each day this week, we’ll be showcasing one of their best mid-winter escape properties and making suggestions for what to pack. From exotic beaches to powdery slopes, there’s something for everyone. By Friday, you’ll be ready to hop on a plane. Today’s lust-worthy locale: Jamaica!
We’ve been dying to get to Jamaica for some one-on-one time with the island’s pristine beaches, delicious cuisine (jerk chicken!), and rich cultural heritage. Who doesn’t love a tropical hideaway that gives you seven-mile stretches of white sand and reggae tunes to relax to? There’s no better time to visit this Caribbean paradise than the frenzied winter months. The spot’s easy-going attitude and idyllic terrain will melt away stress in a matter of hours.
The Roaring Pavilion, in St. Ann’s Bay ($4800/night for the home). This ultra-luxe five-bedroom residence, set on a prime stretch of world famous James Bond Beach, is replete with vaulted ceilings, crystal chandeliers, an infinity pool, a staff of nine, and a private spa. It’s your very own palatial Jamaican villa.
1. C. Wonder Tortoise and Hammered Gold Cuff: This elegant bangle is a must-have piece to accent day or night outfits.
2. H&M Dress: Lounging poolside is best done in a swimsuit, but for relaxing on the home’s Philippe Starck and Christian Liagre-designed furniture, cover-up with this breezy dress.
3. Kiehl’s Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+: Protect your skin from an angry burn with this ultra-light, non-greasy sunscreen.
4. J.Crew Farmer’s Market Tote: This carry-all is perfect for grabbing groceries and goodies when you head into town.
5. Deborah Lippmann “Lara’s Theme” Lacquer: Give your nails a gorgeous pop of color with this of-the-moment shade.
Check out the entire Jetsetter Mid-Winter Wanderlust collection for more fabulous vacation ideas!