Courtne Smith, a.k.a Queen Shmink, is a world traveler with extraordinary fashion and beauty sense. The Toronto-based blogger is one of our favorite ladies to follow on the Interwebz because she makes her impeccable style (fancy fur is her specialty) feel so accessible and easy to recreate. Plus, she always has a killer manicure. This week, she teaches us her secrets that keep her perfectly primped when she’s both at home or on the road with her bff, Drake.
For some reason, I find trips to the drugstore to be extremely…therapeutic. I always pick up the same essentials during my regular visit to the drugstore. Here’s what I mean:
1. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Cleansing Pads These pads do exactly what the name suggests and my skin radiates after using them. I scrub lightly with the textured side of the pad, and then use the reverse side to gently wipe my skin.
2. Organix Pomegranate Green Tea Anti-Frizz Serum I am completely obsessed with the smell of this serum. One pump is all you need, or else you hair will turn into a pile of grease.
3. Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat The fastest drying top coat award goes to Seche Vite, hands down. Add a few quick dry drops on top, and you’re good to put on your jeans within 15 minutes.
4. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula I always get compliments on how soft my skin is. Part of that is thanks to exfoliating, but the other part is thanks to Palmer’s Cocoa Butter. It takes a while to absorb into the skin, but it leaves me moisturized for the entire day.
5. CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lip Color I am obsessed with this lipstick in the shade Heavenly. It’s a pinkish-nude that looks great alone, or topped with any pink, nude or coral gloss. It also keeps my lips feeling hydrated.