We’d be lying if we said there wasn’t a little East Coast bias at Birchbox HQ. But since Associate Editor and San Francisco native Candice started here a few months ago, we’ve opened our eyes to the wonders of the West. Like mass quantities of Red Vines and a generally more laid-back, cool approach to life. Today we snuck a shot of her product-filled desk including the amazing OCC Lip Tars she wrote about yesterday.
Click through for all of Candice’s picks.
1. San Francisco Skyline: I’m a Bay Area native, so a piece of my heart is always in the City by the Bay. I bought this from Fab.com (love!) as a Christmas gift, but shipping problems meant it got here late. Now it’s a happy reminder of home.
2. Magazines: I read tons of these to stay up on trends and to get inspiration from other great editorial teams. Actually, it’s probably more honest to say that my job justifies an obscene magazine addiction.
3. Products, products, products: Major perk of being a Birchbox editor? Trying tons of new makeup and beauty products. On my desk for testing now: Benefit’s Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation, Benefit’s Sun Beam, Color Club nail polish, Nuxe Rêve de Miel and Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetic’s Lip Tar.
4. Red Vines: I smuggled this giant tub of my favorite candy back from California after the holidays. (Fun fact: you can’t find Red Vines on the East Coast!) The Birchbox team finished all 5.5 pounds in four weeks. Impressive, right?
5. Notebook: I can’t go anywhere without a notebook. I jot down random thoughts, write a bajillion to-do lists and scribble reminders all over it. My brain basically lives on those pages.
Find more of our editors picks in the Birchbox Shop!