Courtne Smith, a.k.a Queen Shmink, is a world traveler with extraordinary fashion and beauty sense. The Toronto-based blogger is one of our favorite ladies to follow on the Interwebz because she makes her impeccable style (fancy fur is her specialty) feel so accessible and easy to recreate. Plus, she always has a killer manicure. This week, she teaches us her secrets that keep her perfectly primped when she’s both at home or on the road with her bff, Drake.
When it comes to my everyday makeup, I tend to keep things pretty simple. If my skin isn’t having ‘a moment,’ I can skip foundation and get away with just dabbing on some concealer and bronzer. But I always make sure to fill my brows and apply a coat of mascara—I definitely feel naked without those. These are the products I use on a daily basis:
1. Dior DiorSkin Nude Natural Glow Gel in “Dark Beige 050”
2. Stila Perfecting Concealer in “i”
3. Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer in “03”
4. Too Faced California in a Compact - “Beach Bunny”
5. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in “Tipsy”
6. Nars Larger Than Life Eyeliner in “Via Veneto”
7. Benefit Cosmetics “They’re Real! Mascara”
8. Yves Saint Laurent Eyebrow Pencil in “Glazed Brown”
9. Yves Saint Laurent Pure Lip Gloss in “Pure Watermelon”
To perfect skin before swiping on foundation, try one of these standout primers.