Happy Friday! There’s a bit of a calm-before-the-storm feeling in the office right now—mainly in anticipation of NYFW, but also February and the Superbowl (not to mention the dreaded Valentine’s Day). Before it gets too crazy, catch up on some reading! These are all the links we’re loving this week.
- Polyvore and CoverGirl are teaming up to launch ‘Polyvore Live’ during Fashion Week. The show will feature fashion bloggers wearing designs by four emerging FIT designers. Catch it live-streamed on Monday, Feb 13th. [WWD]
- Is Ferris Bueller about to make a comeback? If this teaser video is any indication, he will be showing up on Superbowl Sunday. We can’t wait to find out what shenanigans he’ll come up with this time. [InterviewMagazine.com]
- You’ve seen color contacts, maybe even special effects contacts, but have you ever seen gold-plated, diamond-encrusted contacts? An optometrist in India created these sparklers and apparently thinks they’re the next big trend in Bollywood. You can get your own pair for a pretty $15K. [OddityCentral]
- Never one to rest on their laurels, MAC is back with another celebrity collection, this time with Beth Ditto. No details about the collection have been released yet, but you know it’s going to be dramatic. [Fashionista]
- Bobbie Thomas and The Today Show just coined a new term: Glam-mas! The phrase refers to the style-obsessed women featured on fashion blog Advanced Style. [Today]
We’re craving major moisture this weekend, find our favorite ‘hydro-powered’ products in the Birchbox Shop.