Welcome to December! This week we’re reading about the most attractive cities in the US, the latest celebrity to create a collection with MAC (isn’t there a new collaboration every week?), and ways to calm down our freaked out skin. Plus, learning about a new organic skincare line from a model and laughing at crazy vintage beauty ads. Keep reading for our favorite links this week.
- Travel and Leisure has released its annual reader survey of the cities with the most attractive residents. Among them are Charleston, Denver, and Miami. Our home town, New York, didn’t even crack the top ten. Hmph, obviously a mistake. [Huffington Post]
- Daphne Guinness designed a collection for MAC! The 21 piece collection will be available December 26th through February 9th and looks like it’s going to inspire quite a few post-holiday shopping sprees. [Refinery29]
- It’s funny how much beauty standards have changed over the years. The Gloss dug up some vintage ads extolling the virtue of adding few extra pounds, something we don’t think we’ll be seeing in our magazines anytime soon. [The Gloss]
- Sometimes, no matter how many awesome products you’re using, stress and other emotional problems get in the way of clear skin. This slideshow of some common issues and their solutions will no doubt come in handy this season. [Allure]
- Speaking of clear skin, model (and Orlando Bloom’s Wife) Miranda Kerr has got it. Kerr, who studied nutrition before her career took off, will now be releasing an organic skincare line, Kora, in the US. It’s apparently been available since 2009 in Australia and is just making its way over here. We can’t wait to try it! [Vogue]
Take a look at our favorite product picks in the Birchbox Shop today.