Along with makeup artists, hairstylists rank pretty high on our list of people we’d like to have around all the time. That’s just one reason we’re so excited to have hairstylist Kate Bryan guest blogging for us today. The other reason? We’re obsessed with her blog, The Small Things, which covers beauty, jewelry, and — you guessed it — the small things in life. Check back for her posts all week!
I have a problem. I cannot stop buying hair products. And as a hairstylist, I am always on the hunt for the perfect product for my clients and myself. And while the haircut and color makes a huge difference in the look of your hair, the products make all the difference in the styling.
So after years of searching and trying, here are my top five hair products. These are catered to volume and conditioning, but most of these can be used on many different textures!
- Aquage Uplifting Foam. I love volume in my hair. If I were to let my hair air dry, it would be completely limp and lifeless. Aquage Uplifing Foam completely transforms my hair into a volumized and bouncy texture. Of course the blow dry method and styling helps encourage that too — but the foundation of Aquage Uplifting Foam makes a huge difference.
- Kenra Volume 25 Hairspray. It has won The Stylist Choice Award for seven consecutive years in a row. The reason it is so great is because it can be sprayed on heavily and really hold your style, but then completely brushed out and made touchable again. You can also just spray a light mist for a little bit of hold, and it won’t feel like “spray glue.”
- It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-in Plus Keratin. This is a lightweight, leave in spray that smells incredibly good and makes your hair soft and strong. The Keratin is the added benefit, which helps strengthen and build any damaged part of your hair. Almost everyone can and should use a leave-in treatment on a daily basis.
- Big Sexy Hair Powder Play. This product is not for everyone. If you don’t mind the feeling of product in your hair, this will be great for you. It’s a completely invisible powder (when applied correctly) that will give your hair texture and lift! On certain textures, it can almost double the volume you are able to achieve! It’s also a great foundation for styling your hair in a half up, or full updo.
- Redken Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist. Who doesn’t want shiny hair? This product is the first shine spray that I have found to actually make your hair look shiner without leaving a heavy residue behind. Plus, it smells great.
Kate also has an awesome Birchbox giveaway on her blog right now! Read about it HERE for more information and to enter.