Happy 11/11/11 and Veterans Day! Yesterday also marked two weeks until Thanksgiving so you could say we’re really starting to get in the holiday mood! Luckily we’ve got festive polishes and a new ‘zine to get us through the season. Read on.
- We’ve always wanted to try the old “beer in the hair” trick but never got around to it. Luckily, TheGloss tested it out for us and our curiosity is sufficiently satisfied! Read about their writer’s experience before you try this yourself. [The Gloss]
- Holiday nail polishes are here and they’re all kinds of sparkly and pretty! Here’s a roundup of the best of the season, including our favorites from Zoya. [Fashionista]
- Uh oh! Marc Jacobs might be in trouble. British Advertising Standards Authority has banned the ad for his Oh Lola! Fragrance, featuring Dakota Fanning in the UK. The organization felt it sexualized the teenager. [FashionEtc]
- Allure, just like us, is obsessed with The Hunger Games. They pulled together a list of all the futuristic beauty inventions from the book that they want to make a reality. We don’t blame them, can’t wait to get our hands on these! [Allure]
- We love a great print magazine as much as the next girl so we were pleasantly surprised to read that a Birchbox Crush, the sisters behind jewelry brand Dannijo, will release a biannual zine. The newspaper-style mag will coincidentally also feature our current Birchbox Crush, Timo Weiland. [Style.com]
New products are available in the Birchbox Shop!