Dedicated to “what’s in your closet and on your vanity,” Samantha Fodrowski’s blog, Closet Vanity, couldn’t be more perfectly suited to our interests. This week, the busy blogger is lending us her talents and musing on some of our favorite topics like the fashion-forward red lip and au naturel makeup.
When it comes to skincare and makeup, women are constantly inundated with promises and marketing jargon (Smaller pores! Longer lashes! Lasts all day!). But nothing sells me on a product quite like a positive word-of-mouth. I’m always so curious about what products other people use and I usually scan friends’ vanities to check out their goods. I’d venture to guess I’m not the only one who loves IntoTheGloss' Top Shelf feature because it gives a refreshing look at what the most influential people in the industry actually use and like.
To give you a peek at what I use on a daily basis, I took a few pictures of my vanity. (In writing this post, I’m realizing that I own a lot more than I thought.)
What are your essentials? Tell me in comments below!
- Avene Mist: When my face is especially dry, I’ll use a little of this before putting on my moisturizer.
- Ole Henriksen Three Little Wonders: I use the serum and moisturizer in the morning and the gel at night.
- Bath & Body Works Grapefruit body wash: Love the fresh scent!
- Alba Kukui Nut Oil: While still in the shower, but after I’ve turned off the water, I slather this on and then towel dry.
- Laura Mercier Loose Powder and/or
- I tend not to stray from these: Essie’s Limo-Scene, Wicked, and Really Red. Also, I adore OPI’s Eiffel For This Color.
- I’m currently finishing up my Organix Moroccan Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner, which I bought when I had a keratin treatment in the early summer. Next week, I’ll be switching back to Kerastase Bain Satin 2, which I swear by. It’s pretty expensive so I’m frugal with it and only wash my hair 3 times a week.