Dedicated to “what’s in your closet and on your vanity,” Samantha Fodrowski’s blog, Closet Vanity, couldn’t be more perfectly suited to our interests. This week, the busy blogger is lending us her talents and musing on some of our favorite topics like the fashion-forward red lip and au naturel makeup.
There’s nothing worse than digging around your purse unable to find what you’re looking for, whether it’s a pen, gum, a hair tie, a tissue, or tampon. Try as I might to be prepared, inevitably I forget to replace any of the above items once I’ve taken them out of my handbag. Luckily, I keep all of my on-the-go cosmetics in two small pouches, which are easy to find. I find that having purse-designated products helps ensure that I’ve always got what I need with me. To keep things compact, travel and sample size items are perfect for purse purposes. (As you know, Birchbox is a great source for these!)
What’s in my purse:
- Fresh Sugar lip treatment
- Poppy King for J. Crew lipstick
- Laura Mercier pressed powder
- Travel/sample size Fresh Citron de Vigne and Bliss Lemon Sage lotions (saviors during the winter months!) and a mini suntan lotion
- Various perfume samples like Pacifica Island’s Vanilla roll-on perfume