Don’t let the name fool you. Jessica Chu’s Tumblr Of Vice and Men doesn’t have anything to do with hot male model eye candy — but it does cover in great detail the best kind of vice: lusting after pretty things. This week she’s sharing her expert eye with us and dishing on everything from the best winter skin savers to the YouTube beauty gurus you should be following.
As much as I hate to say it, now is the time to start thinking about winter skin prep. (I mean, I live in New York City and it has already snowed here.) I get super dry in the wintertime and since I insist on walking everyday to work in the cold, I need to stock up on some of my seasonal favorites.
1. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps — I love this stuff; totally swear by it. I buy this massive size during Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale every year and it’s always worth it. The formula is unscented, which I like, and I always find the time (especially in the dead of winter) to lather this stuff on. It’s the best.
2. Oscar Blandi Olio di Jasmine Hair Serum — To be perfectly honest, I have pretty manageable hair. I don’t do anything with it, no styling products, no heat, no straightening iron, etc. But my hair is little dry, so I put in a pea-size amount of this serum to add some hydration.
3. AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream — Throw this in your purse and you will be happy you did. From being at my computer 24/7 to checking my emails on my BlackBerry outside in the cold, this is the best treat for my parched hands.
4. Kiehl’s Lip Balm — I’m not entirely sure when this product became my Holy Grail of lip balm, but I haven’t gone back to anything else. Year round, I always have this with me.
5. philosophy Hope in a Jar — I use this every morning and night. When it comes to skincare, I like to keep it simple. This is an especially great product for winter because it keeps my skin well moisturized without making me feel oily or clogging my pores.
See more of Birchbox’s Winter Skin Savors here.